I did an undergraduate masters in Informatics (MInf) at the University of Edinburgh, worked as a programmer for a bit, then changed my mind and went back to University. I did my PhD at the Institute for Language, Cognition and Computation at Edinburgh, and am currently working as a Post-Doctorate research associate one building over in the Institute for Perception, Action, and Behaviour.
My PhD thesis was all about Unawareness: What happens when computational agents have to learn the task itself as they go along (rather than just optimizing parameters in a pre-specified domain)?
In my current role, I'm interested in incorporating safety guarantees and interpretability properties into robotic and computer vision tasks.
- Innes, C., & Ramamoorthy, S. (2021). ProbRobScene: A Probabilistic Specification Language for 3D Robotic Manipulation Environments. In International Conference on Robotics and Automation
- Innes, C., & Ramamoorthy, S. (2020). Elaborating on Learned Demonstrations with Temporal Logic Specifications. In Robotics Science and Systems
- Innes, C., & Lascarides, A. (2019). Learning Factored Markov Decision Processes with Unawareness. In Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence
- Innes, C., & Lascarides, A. (2019). Learning Structured Decision Problems with Unawareness. In International Conference on Machine Learning
- Burke, M., & Lu, K., & Angelov, D., & Straižys, A., & Innes, C., & Subr, K., & Ramamoorthy, S. (2021). Learning robotic ultrasound scanning using probabilistic temporal ranking. In (Working paper)
Workshop Papers and Extended Abstracts
- Innes, C., & Hristov, Y., & Kamaras, G., & Ramamoorthy, S. (2021). Automatic Synthesis of Experiment Designs from Probabilistic Environment Specifications. In 10th Workshop on Synthesis (SYNT) at the International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV)
- Innes, C., & Lascarides, A. (2019). Learning Factored Markov Decision Processes with Unawareness - Extended Abstract. In International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems
In my spare time I like to design small games. You can find a list of them on my Itch.io page. If you're interested in making games, I suggest using Unity, or GameMaker , then joining a Game Jam to get inspired.
You can email me at [my-first-name] [dot] [my-last-name] [at] ed [dot] ac [dot] uk